Monday, May 5, 2008

BIRTHDAY CAKE

My brothers 24th birthday cake

my brother had a luau birthday party for himself and his friends. When i was in Utah i saw a cake that was a tiki hut and ocean so I thought i could make that. With a little bit of helpful tips from those with cake experience (thanks a lot) i was able to create a tiki hut birthday cake. It wasn't perfect but it was a lot of fun to make.


This is the cake I saw at the store!!


This was the practice cake!! (My brother Michael)


This was the party cake!!!

11 comments:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Wow! The food channel network is going to discover you one day!

Anonymous said...

I think you are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Cade's Birthday cake...
What did you think? That We don't expect a cake for every celebration??

Melissa Savage said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I should've had you make Jaycie her princess castle cake!

Jeff and Kristy said...

NICE!

Britty said...

You and your desserts. I love it. You did a great job - you've got such patience, and I love how you went all out on a practice cake. I don't think I could have done two of them - that's doubly impressive. You're giving me a run for my money, Martha!

Adam and Melisa said...

Love the cake!!...I'm impressed....you will for sure win the "best desert" prize at your next party!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Great job ! Way impressed. Im home now- Ill give ya call soon.

Kate said...

Wow! Riley's B-day is coming up -- you wanna fly in and make an Ariel Mermaid cake???? You are such a great big sister!

Eric and Jackie said...

Dang you go girl! Like Brittany I love how you take pride in your desserts, you better have eatin some of it though!

crawford crew said...

Liz
This is angie christiansen, I hope that you don't mind that i found your page on myr's site and wanted to take a look and see how you were doing! you have a beautiful family!! I hope that is going well for you. you can check out our blog at crawford-crew.blogspot.com
good to see your family
ang