Monday, November 16, 2009

13.1 and 26.2..... and Pre-baby weight goal.

Run the River
This past weekend i ran a half marathon with my mom. Yes my 51 year old mom who hasn't ran in 10 plus years ran with me. She did great and we had a lot of fun. We have had a bonding moment with this race, training together 3 times a week for the past 3 months. When we were in the car waiting for the race I thought we were having a moment, feeling the excitement of the day. My mom quietly says "I hope I have no regrets" I am thinking great I have to pump her up, she needs some great words of encouragment, so I tell her in a motivating voice, "There will be no regrets today, this run will be a great experience for your life book." She looks at me weird and says, "I was talking about my sports bra." We got a big laugh!!!
Robert ran the full marathon and shattered his last time by 45 minutes. We ran with a lot of friends and had a great time, not to mention it was great to burn 1300 calories in one event. which leads me to say I finally reavhed pre-pregnancy weight of 130. I got there a month ago and now I am trying to reach my ideal weight of 125. Ryder is 5 months now and I am thankful to fit into my jeans!!! Sorry about the no makeup It is a little scary!!!!


7 comments:

Lance and Ariel said...

yeah!! congrats!! you guys are amazing! I hope we can find a race to do together someday :)

Kate said...

No way!! Great job! That is awesome. Now...you just have to post what you've done your last 5 months....to lose that weight so fast. Share! I'm gonna need that in about....6 months.

Jessica said...

It's crazy it's been five months since you had him. Good for you on reaching your goal weight. You did that so fast!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Great JOB ! You guys are awesome...Im jealous- the weight it not coming off !! I have been limiting calories to 1200 and making those 1200 count with healthy food, I have not however been working out and that is the only thing I can think of, so we have started slow this week, but it is sooo frustrating to be stagnant at such a heavy weight ! Call me later and give some encouragement :)...cracks me up about your motivational comment :)

Millertime said...

Congrats you are awesome! Thats so fun you were able to run with your mom.

GREENLAW said...

congratulations!!!! i am in awe! :)

Kristy said...

It was a fun day, your mom did an awesome job.