Sunday, September 7, 2008

NO KIDS ALLOWED!!!

My mom and me!!!!!

I have been wanting to go somewhere with my mom to take a little trip without babies or men to bug us. We Didn't know what to do but we new we wanted to get away and maybe do some hiking. We left friday morning and drove, ate and really enjoyed one anothers company. We found a random hotel and stayed. The next day we went to The Big Basin, mountains outside of Santa Cruz. We did a 3 mile hike that took us to a small water fall. Even though it was short it still was so beautiful and peaceful. After our hike we got great Rite Aid ice cream and walked around Santa Cruz. It was a short weekend but we had fun.











7 comments:

Britty said...

I could spot that ice cream a mile away. LOVE it. Too bad it's not still 35 cents.

No fair that you got to have a crazy weekend. I'm SURE you and your mom were on the go every second of it, too.

Your photos are so cute, but I'm thinking you might have a fingerprint or two on your lens. I get those on my camera sometimes and that makes them a little foggy. Those kids like to get their nubs on everything. Anyway - check it out. Otherwise, I guess it's just your crappy camera. :) j/k

Missy said...

Girl!!! you are LUCKY! Take advantage of the breaks! You come back a better mom, that's what i've decided (with my one time get away!) Looks like you had fun!

Millertime said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I would love to do something like that with my mom. Its so hard when your parents live far away. I am glad you had fun!!

Lauren Perry said...

You are lucky to be so close to your mom :) How fun!

Adam and Melisa said...

I think I'd take the pedicure over the hike....but still sounds like fun!

Eric and Jackie said...

Looks like fun! We should have a girls San Leandro reunion weekend or something!

I know it has been a while since we blogged, I have a lot to catch up on but only had time for a short one.

The Brown Team said...

yeah you got your trip in with your mom and what it up with Ella and her big day at the beauty parlor. how fun.